Our food brokerage services team loves giving back to the community. In recognition of National Nonprofit Day 2022 on Aug. 17, we’re celebrating our team’s charitable efforts and the many amazing nonprofits we proudly support.
More than a Food Brokerage Services Company
At Bay Food Brokerage, we are proud to foster a company culture that places great importance on serving our community. Simply put, we believe in giving back and getting involved.
This means our team members:
- Serve on nonprofit and professional association boards
- Volunteer their time to charities
- Belong to industry and business organizations
We host group volunteering opportunities and sponsor fundraising events. Also, we give every member of our team paid time off to volunteer with a charity of their choosing each month.
Below are some of the many organizations our food brokerage services company and our team members are involved in and support.
Happy National Nonprofit Day 2022 to Charities We Support
Members of our leadership team currently hold or have held board memberships with the following organizations:
- Jesuit High School: A 501(c)(3) Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory school located in Tampa. The school’s motto is “Men for Others.”
- Get Live 45 Foundation: Founded by Tampa Bay Buccaneers player Devin White. The mission is to give the magic of hope and comfort during life’s meaningful moments to Tampa-area foster children.
- Bob’s Big Give: A grassroots organization donating 100% of all proceeds to those less-fortunate.
- Tampa Bay Chamber: A Tampa not-for-profit business membership organization that helps promote the businesses and business interests of members.
Our food brokerage services company has also supported the following organizations with donations, sponsorships and volunteer hours:
- Feeding Tampa Bay: The leading the movement to end hunger in Tampa Bay. Our CEO and president Cammie Chatterton currently serves on the Capital Campaign Committee.
- Metropolitan Ministries: Offers services for at-risk and homeless families in underserved and impoverished communities. The Bay Food team collects items for the barrel drives five times a year. Also, we participate in volunteering at the Holiday Tent every year and support with donations year-round.
- A Kid’s Place: A residential program that serves children from birth to age 18 who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. Bay Food recently hosted a school clothing drive and has been an annual picnic sponsor.
- OneBlood: Aims to enhance the health and well-being of others through work with blood and stem cell products and by facilitating scientific research. For the past couple of years, the OneBlood bus has visited our office quarterly to make it easy for our staff to donate blood.
- NephCure Kidney International: This organization funds research for effective treatments for rare forms of kidney disease. It also provides education and support to improve the lives of those affected by kidney diseases. For many years, our food brokerage services company has been a sponsor of the Pig Jig fundraising event in Tampa, which benefits this charity.
- Frameworks of Tampa Bay: Empowers educators, youth services professionals, and parents and guardians with training, coaching and resources to equip youth with emotional intelligence skills.
- Special Olympics: Offers programming in sports, health, education and community building. Special Olympics is tackling the inactivity, stigma, isolation and injustice that people with intellectual disabilities (ID) face.
We wish all these wonderful nonprofits a happy National Nonprofit Day 2022!
Looking for a food brokerage services partner that values community involvement? Contact us today to learn more about Bay Food Brokerage.